Generation Z can seem like a moving target for marketers, but a member of Gen Z has gone to debunk the myths of his generation in attempt to help brands reach this generation better. Check out which myths you’re probably believing below:
1. Everything must look perfect. Gen Z values authenticity. They are more likely to be attracted to ads and brands that use real people and portray authenticity.
2. Wokeness always wins. Gen Z is very attuned to social injustices and lean towards companies that share those values. However, this must be done tactfully.
3. Gen Z isn’t brand loyal. While this generation cares less about brands than other generations, they are extremely brand loyal to brands that can earn their trust (think Apple).
4. Gen Z loves showing off expensive brands. While they don’t shy away from showing off their expensive clothes, Gen Z cares more about showcasing their individuality. Promoting their personal brand is more important than giving free advertising to the expensive brands they wear.
5. Gen Z doesn’t shop in-store. Even though this is the most tech-savvy generation, this is also a generation that values experiences. Stores that give them an enjoyable experience will be stores that earn their business time and time again. (AdAge, 06.07.19)
If you’d like to see how revealing the voice of your customer can change the way you do business, schedule a free consultation today or give us a call at 417.877.7808.