While not everyone is a football fan, the Super Bowl is a game that almost anyone can enjoy, whether it is for the game or for the notorious commercials many companies pay big money for. Using their annual Ad Meter, USA Today has named their top five Super Bowl commercial winners:
· The 100-Year Game. Enjoy past and present NFL stars playing a fun game of football during an awards ceremony, as a decorative football falls from its pedestal.
· Not Everything Makes the Cut. Watch some everyday items that Alexa jokes about pairing with Alexa that would not be a smart idea. Harrison Ford makes a guest appearance.
· We All Win. Microsoft debuts its new X-box controller for customers with disabilities.
· The Elevator. Featuring Jason Bateman, this commercial shows a variety of different people getting off on different floors to do a variety of unenjoyable tasks. However, when a couple says the are car shopping, they get to skip the boring car lot, but upgrade to “Shopper Assurance” through Hyundai.
· The Coach Who Wouldn’t Be Here. Featuring Los Angeles Chargers coach Anthony Lynn, the ad for Verizon shows a car crash victim (Lynn) reunited with the first responders who saved his life. The emotional commercial showed the importance of cell phone reception for first responders.